You will love this one bowl, gluten, dairy and egg free, Seed Crackers recipe – I make this often so that I have a constant supply of healthy snack options and it is a great addition to your lunches.
It’s so easy to make – just one bowl and 2-3 baking tray lined with baking paper. It’s gluten free with no added oil and is also egg free.
Try to use organic ingredients if you can.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseed (binds the mixture)
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/4 cup whole buckwheat
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon natural sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried herb of choice (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- Turn on oven to 160°C.
- Put all ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes. Mix occasionally.
- The mix will thicken, get slightly sticky, and absorb the water.
- Line trays with baking paper.
- Spread mix as thinly as possible over paper. The thinner the better.
- Repeat on other tray or two.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes until golden brown and dried out.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Peel away from paper and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
You can omit sesame and pepitas and add an additional 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
Also, using 1/2 cup of whole buckwheat will still work but cracker will be more fragile and crumbly.
Enjoy this tasty, crispy cracker with all your usual toppings; avocado, tomato, crumbled fetta, tuna, red onion, fresh herbs, sliced boiled egg…the combinations are endless!
I’d love to see you enjoying your Seed Crackers with your favourite toppings #mingaraone #tinaseedcrackers on your social favourites so we can see your creations! I would love to hear some of your healthy options too so we can share them with the rest of the Mingara One Fitness tribe!
Follow Mingara One Fitness for more healthy recipes.