Trick or treat! Halloween doesn’t have to be all lollies, chocolates and scary pumpkins… check out this Pumpkin, Date and Almond Loaf recipe from Tina that is gluten-free, dairy free, high protein, high fibre and most importantly – delish!
Why are pumpkins so great?
Not only do they make the best Jack-o-lanterns at Halloween but they are highly nutritious.
- Rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidents.
- Loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E.
- A good source of B group vitamins – folate, niacin, thiamin and more.
- Pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas) are full of fibre and great for heart health.
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin (Kent or Butternut)
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pepitas to garnish on top.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients – except the almond meal and pepitas. ( You can throw a small handful of pepitas into the mix now, as well if you like.)
- Add almond meal and mix through.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf tin.
- Sprinkle pepitas on top.
- Bake for one hour or until cooked through
- Let cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning onto cooling rack.
Don’t be scared
This recipe is super quick and super easy, packed full of pumpkin and Halloweeny goodness and fun. Get in the kitchen and have a go at making this loaf. Tina would love to hear how yours turned out too!